Sunday, November 05, 2017

The DNC Implosion

Bells of doom are breakin' up that old gang of mine....

Do you remember?
Remember?
The fifth
OF NOVEMBER?
 
John Lennon, 1970

It would appear to me that the Democrats have become victims of a good old-fashioned J. Edgar Hoover-styled COINTELPRO scheme. That was short for "Counter Intelligence Program". It's how the FBI was able to take down the Black Panther Party in the early seventies. The Feds were able to tap the phones of key members and look through their mail with an ease that would be impossible today (I hope). They would send anonymous messages via phone and mail that certain Panther leaders were out to assassinate other Panther leaders. By this method of shameful skullduggery, The Black Panthers fell apart. I understand they're making a comeback. I'm happy to know of this.
 
What happened to the Panthers over forty years ago appears to be happening to the Democrats in 2016. I don't know what to make of Donna Brazille's accusations in her new book. She claims that the primaries were rigged by then party chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz in favor of Hillary Clinton. The Dems assertively deny this. Is Donna an agent of Vladimir Putin? It would be the height of paranoia for me to suggest that she is. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if I tried. As I've stated here before, I left that completely worthless party nearly twenty years ago and I never looked back. When on occasion I would ask myself why I left in the first place, these silly Democrats would cheerfully remind me. Last year they were given the choice between the most visionary candidate in their nearly two-hundred-year history, or a tired and stale old plutocrat. Not to my surprise, the "party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt" blew it - AGAIN.

"I don't belong to any organized political party
I am a Democrat."

Will Rogers
`
But it does seem quite feasible to me that the Democrats are victims of some sort of a nefarious information operation that has been cooked up who-knows-where with the clear intent of dividing them. If that is, indeed, the case, the plan is working out beautifully. That party hasn't been this divided since the summer of 1968 when they became completely unhinged at their convention. That was nearly a half century ago. The result of their complete breakdown that horrible year was the administration of Dick Nixon. Need I remind you how well that worked out for America? I didn't think so.

Panther Bobby Seale
If Schultz and the Democratic National Committee are guilty of marking the cards for Hillary to the detriment of Bernie Sanders, they have nothing to fear. Our campaign laws are so rigged against the people, that everything they allegedly did was perfectly legal.

America needs the Black Panthers a helluva lot more than it needs the Democratic or Republican parties. In spite of the propaganda you may have been force-fed back in the day, the Panthers stood for something noble and righteous. Their communities could always count on them to be there - particularly the children of those communities. We cannot depend upon this two-party system any longer - as if we ever could. The end-result of the Democrats' dysfunction and incompetence has been the administration of Donald Trump. And as for the Republicans, they're beyond redemption. This is as bad as it's ever gotten, and the tragicomic irony is that it's going to get a lot worse in the future.

Where have you gone, Bobby Seale?

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

SUGGESTED VIEWING:

The Black Panthers for Self Defense: Vanguard of the Revolution 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osdNvk6CCKs

This excellent documentary appeared on PBS a couple of years ago.

4 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Mozart1220 said...

And while you whine over nothing, more are dead by gunfire.

Good thing he didn't behead them huh? Then we'd have to DO something.

Clucky's deflection to follow.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Clueless It Seems said...

I will be 69 (the magic number) on Sunday. As I look back over this life I am especially troubled by the lies that we were indoctrinated with about how "wonderful" amerika is/was (it's still the same thing with the MAGA business). It's racist to the core and genocidal since the beginning. It's easy to blame it on the Brit kolonialists. But that's just facile. Last year I did Plimouth - that's how it was originally spelled) instead of gorging on turkey because I wanted to hang with the natives (they weren't "amerikans", that's for sure and they did kill one another, but they were here before the Brits and the Spanish murder folks - in the name of God - were) and the blacks. Stopped watching TV about 40 years ago. Your quote from Will Rogers is way cool and completely true

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Majormajor said...

Is telling Donna Brazile racist and ant-women?

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

"But it does seem quite feasible to me that the Democrats are victims of some sort of a nefarious information operation that has been cooked up who-knows-where with the clear intent of dividing them ..." ~ Mr. Degan

No need to try explain this away as a conspiracy when simple incompetence and corruption are more than likely the real answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home